Frequently asked question
For what purpose and for whom is Monidrop® intended?
* Monidrop® is designed for the basic IV therapy in hospital wards and for home health care.
What liquids can be used when using Monidrop®?
* Antibiotics, general purpose IV solutions, blood products, and regular nutrients.
Can Monidrop be cleaned using the normal cleaning liquid chemicals?
* Monidrop® can be cleaned and disinfected using the regular medical device cleaning methods and chemicals. For more information, please see the user manual.
How is the infusion flow rate adjusted?
* Flow rate is adjusted by using the clamp, and the infusion speed can be seen on the screen (ml/h). Monidrop® monitors the infusion but does not adjust it.
Can Monidrop be used for the same purpose as a syringe pump?
* Monidrop® is designed to improve the quality of care in infusion therapy that is often conducted manually without the assistance of any electronic device.
Does Monidrop® require a device-specific IV infusion set?
* Monidrop® is compatible with the most commonly used drip sets with 20 drops/ml. It can be quickly fastened on to the drip chamber.
What kinds of alarms can be set?
* The user can set alarm limits for the target infusion speed (ml/h), total volume (ml), or elapsed time. In case of alarm, Monidrop® indicates alarms with LED lights and sounds. The alarm can also be set to silent mode, e.g. during night time.
How do the alarms work?
* An audio alarm will be given for medium level alarms. The alarm light will display a yellow LED light, indicating a low priority alarm, and a blinking yellow light indicates a medium priority alarm. If there are no alarms, the LED light is green.
* Alarms are described in detail in the user manual. Alarms may occur due to the fact that the infusion speed deviates from the preset alarm limits or the infusion speed is outside the measurement range of 6ml/h…1200ml/h. Also, a low battery alarm will be given with a sound and a LED light.
How is Monidrop® charged and can it be used while charging?
* The device can be charged with the device’s charger, which is included in the sales package. Monidrop® can be used while charging.
Does the device have wireless connectivity?
* Wireless connectivity can be implemented to the hospital network as a separate feature.
How to buy Monidrop®?
* We sell products via distribution partners.